If you are wanting to develop/design a fast growing company take a few minutes to look at each of these areas, and ask yourself whether you can score yourself at least a 7 out of 10 in each vital department:
1. Clear vision for company over the next 3 years.
2. Clear company values (no more than 5, ideally just 3).
3. A manual for running the business. (How you and your staff do things day to day).
4. 90 day goals, with exact figures to aim for.
5. A marketing plan that uses at least 3 different media. (Most failing companies are not experimenting enough with different types of media).
6. Outsourcing or delegating non vital tasks (If you don’t have an assistant you are one).
7. A coach, mentor or board to bounce ideas off. (No matter how smart you are it pays to have wise and objective counsel).
8. A sales presentation with at least a 1 out of 3 success rate. (If you’re scoring lower than that you have either structured the presentation incorrectly, or you’re selling to the wrong people.)
9. A clear understanding of who your customer is. (What they fear, what they desire.)
10. A system for staying in contact with customers and potential customers. (A company’s biggest potential asset is its email list).
If you have any questions drop me a line email@example.com